Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

This week my Thankful Thursday post was easy :)  It is my mom's birthday today and I am definitely thankful for her!  Depending on who you are she goes by Pat, Patsy, Mom, Mrs. Moog and Grammy.  Service is her love language and she is a very giving person.  I am so glad that my kids are able to live close to her and love her so much.

To celebrate her birthday my sister was in town on Sunday and we went to get her (and my sisters) first ever pedicure!  I only discovered the beauty of pedicures last year... I used to only think it was painting toenails....and I was so wrong.  I never knew how awesome they were...nor did I know how much extra skin I had on my feet....anyways...back to mom :).  Here are a few pics from the time (all from the camera phone cause I didn't think to bring my camera with me).

We all had our fun coffee to sip :)

They have the cutest little teddy bear pedi chair... As Anni informed me..this was her 3rd pedi...sad, I know


Mom kept apologizing for the 64 years of dry skin on her feet :)


While we were letting our toes dry under the lights we were being silly.....





 After we left I wondered if the ladies were thinking we were crazy....

She seemed happy with her pretty feet :)

Our toes smiling for you :)


I found a few pictures of Grammy that I hadn't even seen yet (although they were taken this summer)
the first one is a "picture" of her whole family....



Then we also did some pictures with just the grandkids.... These were funny to me... none of these kids really wanted to take pictures (actually most of them never want pictures).  We did a whole bunch of shots with great light then realized Selah was missing so she came and jumped in the shoot and was very much NOT happy to be there.



This last one cracks me up cause by looking at it you would think that I told all the kids to make a funny face...but, I didn't....

Those of us that call her Mom...

Here is a quick snapshot of her from Sunday.... I love this picture just because it is all natural simply happy Mom.


Happy Birthday Mom! I love you and am forever grateful for all that you do for me and my family!

2 comments:

Amanda Gibson said...

That is a beautiful tribute to your mom! I love pedicures as well and my feet really need one. Desert sand is not so nice...

sara s. said...

happy birthday aunt patsy! looks like y'all had a fun girls day!