Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to school we go......


Last week Annika started preschool and this week Noah began 2nd grade and Benjamin started Kindergarten! So much going on it has been so easy to get caught up in all the craziness. I will have 3 days a week where it will just be Jackson and me for 5 hours a day! I am sad and excited to see them all go back. We had a really fun summer (lots of pictures still to post) with so many visitors and just fun lazy times.

So Anni did great on her first day back. She was sad that one of her good friends from last year wasn't returning but when she got to class she found out there was a new girl with a name almost the same (actually the way Anni says it is exactly the same) so she took to her right away. And it always helps that her buddy, Tucker, is in her class. Her teacher seemed really sweet and full of energy. The rest of the week was kind of rocky...but I think it was mainly her not wanting to go to school while her brothers all got to stay home. I think she is going to have an awesome year! Today she actually told me that she wasn't ready to go home yet because she wasn't done dancing!

Ben and Noah started at the same school together on Monday. Noah was just cool about the whole thing. Kind of a been there done that kind of attitude. He was big enough and didn't need me to walk him to his class although I did try. He was excited so see so many familiar faces and he keeps telling me over and over how really nice his teacher is. When I asked him what he is most excited about for this year he said "math!....well..ART!....actually...Music!....um....Recess!...."
I think he is going to have a great year!

Ben was excited about it all right up to the point where we were waiting in the school library to be called back. He got pretty nervous and that makes him grumpy. But he still walked to his class and looked around. I think the chaotic mood set by having a set of parents and grandparents for 20 kids in this room made him a bit nervous....but then his teacher sensed that and asked if he would like to come and sit on her lap for a picture and he did a complete 180 and cheered up. At the end of the day he was exhausted but said it was super fun!

Sorry to type so much....now for some pictures! (Sorry the pictures uploaded backwards...so you see the story in reverse :)













1 comment:

jolyn said...

Exciting, crazy times!!!