Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bye Bye Training Wheels!

Yeah!!! Anni learned to ride her bike yesterday! For most of the day yesterday it was stormy and raining so the kids didn't get to play outside much. But we had a nice break in the storm and it was beautiful after dinner so we went out. Anni has been practicing on this bike for a while "gliding" but has never got the nerve to start pedaling. So yesterday she told me that I should go and get my camera because she thought she would do it.....and she DID!!!!

It is so funny watching the difference of the boys and her. She is very delicate about most things....where the boys don't have any clue what that word means. Even riding the bike she was very careful and gentle.

The funny thing....after they had been riding bikes for a while they all wanted a Popsicle. So the each got one out of the freezer and brought it to me to open up. Anni (I guess deciding this new skill made her a lot more grown up) didn't bring hers to me...and she opened it all by herself. I don't think that this is the first time that she has done that....if she had done it before I guess it just wasn't a skill I felt compelled to blog about.....but she was probably 10 times more proud of herself for opening her own Popsicle than she was about riding a bike with no training wheels! I love the kids perspective on life :)

Have a great day!





1 comment:

The Family Sewells said...

Yay Anni!!

Sweet Anni I am so proud of you. You are growing up so fast and I love you so much!

Christy