Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Noah's First Day of School

Hello! Noah had his first day of 1st grade yesterday. I can't believe he is in the first grade....and that I am older than his teacher! He was excited but nervous since it was a new school and he was getting to ride the bus. I told him I would take him the first day but he said that he wanted to ride the bus. He catches the bus a few houses down from us at 7:00 in the morning so it is too far for me to leave the little ones in the house by themself so they get to walk down to the stop with us. It is a good thing that Noah isn't too embarassed by us yet cause it was a sight....Everyone in their pajamas...hair everywhere....eating cold eggo waffles (the like them that way for some reason)...and me taking a ton of pictures.

He got off okay and seemed to have a good day at school. He is so shy so it will take a while for this school to warm up on him. I just pray that he finds a really good friend there. He did find out that one of his old classmates from his old school is going there also so that has helped a little. The one thing he praised with the most descriptive words was the lunch. He LOVED the cafeteria food! They apperently have the "best mashed potatoes ever". I guess I should just start making them from a box :).

The other kids didn't seem to bothered that Noah wasn't around for most of the day but when we went to pick him up at the bus stop Jack saw him and ran and threw his arms around Noah and give him the biggest hug. One of the cutest things I have ever seen. So here are some pictures of the kids from yesterday....and the one of Jack is him pointing to Annika telling me that she gave him the cookies. I thought he was carrying around the same cookie for the longest time but apparently Annika had given him 4 oreos! And aside from the ring of cookies around his mouth nothing went to waste. Crazy cookie monster.
Ben and Anni start mother's day out next week....so for a couple of days a week Jack and I get to hang out together.











1 comment:

The Family Sewells said...

Yay! Congratulations Noah. I am so proud of you for riding the bus and doing it all by yourself! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend.